- School uniform
- School Dinners
- School dinner menu - From 16.4.18
- Ordering school dinners online
- Staying safe online
- Social Media
- Lighthouse Parents & Families
- Wizard of Oz Year 5 & 6 2018 Production
- Cycling to School
- Pupil safety
- Advice for parents on children walking to and from school.
Advice for parents on children walking to and from school.
Children walking to and from school
I am writing to parents to remind them that it is our school policy that only pupils in Years 5 and 6 can walk to and from school without parental supervision.
It is essential that parents of pupils in Year 5 and 6 make sure that their child is mature enough, as every child is different, to be trusted to cross roads and walk/bike or scooter themselves to and from school.
We do advise parents to….
- *Practise your child's journey with them before they are allowed to walk unsupervised.
- *Initially organise your child to join a group of friends so they are not making the journey
- *Make sure your child is aware of potential danger points- looking carefully before
crossing busy roads.
- *Talk with your child about what they should do if they felt threatened by others.
Parents must also ensure that if organising someone else to pick up their child after school, that this must be communicated to the classteacher and should be an adult or an older mature sibling of secondary age or above.
We regularly focus on road safety in school and would encourage parents to do the same.
Children attending after school clubs and extended day must be collected by an adult as it will soon be dark at that time.