- Classes for 2020/2021
- School uniform
- School Dinners
- Ordering school dinners online
- School dinner menu - From 16.4.18
- Staying safe online
- Social Media
- Lighthouse Parents & Families
- Wizard of Oz Year 5 & 6 2018 Production
- Advice for parents on children walking to and from school.
- Pupil safety
- Cycling to School
Seesaw - remote learning
Thursday 24th September 2020
Dear parents and carers,
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR REMOTE LEARNING OFFER
During the recent lockdown, we offered all our pupils who were not attending school, remote learning through our school website. Whilst this approach worked well in the short term, we have reviewed our remote learning offer and enhanced it to ensure our pupils are able to continue to make progress in their education should they have to isolate at home or if we have a local/national lockdown.
We have decided to use Seesaw for our remote learning at Guildford Grove. Seesaw is an interactive app that allows our teachers to schedule work throughout the day, allows them to video instructions and most importantly, allows them to give pupils feedback.
When might my child need to use remote learning
We must make it clear to parents/carers that REMOTE LEARNING will only be offered to pupils who;
- are having to isolate at home due to either having symptoms of COVID-19 themselves or having had a positive COVID test result. They will need to isolate at home for 10 days. Children will complete remote learning only if they are well.
- are having to isolate because a member of their household is isolating due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or that member of their household having had a positive COVID test result. They must then isolate at home for 14 days.
- are having to isolate at home due to a pupil in their class or year group having tested positive for COVID-19 and PHE has advised the school for some pupils to self isolate.
- are having to stay at home because of a local/national lockdown.
If your child is having to stay at home for any of the above reasons, it is parents/carers responsibility to contact school to inform us that your child is isolating. Please remember if your child tests positive for COVID-19 you must inform the school on the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org .
REMOTE LEARNING WILL START 24 HOURS AFTER YOU HAVE INFORMED THE SCHOOL OFFICE THAT YOUR CHILD IS SELF ISOLATING.
You will then receive a letter from the school office which will give information and links to online learning that your child can use for the first 24 hours of isolation. After the 24 hours, your child’s remote learning will then begin on Seesaw.
HOME LEARNING (Homework)
To ensure parents/carers have time to become familiar with this new way of working, we have made the decision to start setting our home learning (homework) on Seesaw. From Friday 25th September, all home learning (homework) will be set through Seesaw. When you download the app, you will see that the home learning is ready for your child to complete.
Tomorrow, your child will bring home your parents’ guide as well as your child’s unique QR code or number code for Seesaw. We will also be sending children home with exercise books for them to use to record their work for both home learning (homework) and remote learning. These books will not need to come back into school as parents will be asked to take pictures of any work completed in these books and upload onto Seesaw.
We thank you for your continued support.
Rona Mackie Lucy Ryder